Oohhh A Sparkling Vegetarian Vampire

Wednesday, November 11, 2009









(New Moon at SM Pampanga, Oh Edward show me those Fangs of yours, the better to eat me with)
"Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her "Edward". I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy her "Twilight" book. She was talking about a fictional vampire."

Here is a bit of a shocker that even Mooch doesn't know, "I DONATE TO CHARITY EVERY MONTH FOR AS LONG AS I COULD REMEMBER" (everyone is awed). I donate to different charities as much as I can and I always put it as anonymous.

Here's another shocker, "I READ THE TWILIGHT SAGA AND... (wait for it...) I WATCHED TWILIGHT THRICE LEGALLY". (everyone's jaw droppped)

Twilight is a good literature and that is all there is to it. The books were a good entertainment. . I wouldn't say that it was a classic nor a great book, it is a modern Romeo and Juliet with fangs and vegetarian vampires, I still don't know what I learned from the books.

It is not well written but very easy to understand that is why though accidentally teenagers were the majority of the audience. A closer understanding of the book and you would realize that it is not about vampires but about two people who are completely different but love each other and don't give a damn of what other people think.

In Twilight Bella came out of nowhere and annoying, I read the next 20 pages describing how cold hearted Jacob was, and another 40 - 50 or so describing how handsome Edward was. That description went on and on until I transformed into a glittering vampire myself. New Moon, new vampires yey, big wolves yey. Then on Breaking Dawn it went on talking about the baby from page one to page whatever. Uhuh I read literature and I understand why this book is a coping aid for confused pubescent girls.

The movie wasn't as a landmark as you would expect It did had some good parts like the diea of a family vampire trying not to eat Bella and trying to live normal(?) lives, it was hilarious (I think I'm the only one thinks Twilight the movie is under the Comedy Section). Then the piggy back ride up in the trees, that was a scene to behold. Too bad a lot of trees died in the printing of the books, tsk tsk tsk.

On the other hand it turned out to be a populist tripe which takes stalking to the next level (so stalking and staring at someone sleeping IS ROMANTIC), it glorifies domestic abuse (I will make you suffer LIKE MEEEHHHHH GAAHHHHH), and redefines pedophilia (age never did matter even if you are a hundred years older or so, or seventeen years to a one year old).

I am not anti-Twilight, I am pro-Literature













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want pins! And a tshirt! "someone just Bella already" lols... Never did like the movie... Everyone was emotionally constipated. Sure it had some good parts but... Meh...

-mo0ch

Kamote Empire said...

yeah you could feel a part of your brain dying while watching and the TWIHARDS are annoying. Its anti-climax, it had major loop holes, illogical and mmm... waste of trees.

mochie said...

haha! haven't read the book actually... now that people are so into it mas lalo tuloy ako tinatamad magbasa ng book