Can't Count

Monday, April 16, 2018


How do I love thee? Let me count
Beyond a hundred maybe, grows each day
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
I love the way you look at things
I love thy color of the hair
Your eyes as they melt me
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
The way you tell me your sleepy
The way thy tell me you just woke
For the ends of being and ideal grace.

I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love the way you don’t, but you do
The way you say you cant, but you can
I love the way you like the way i like you
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

0 comments: