The Dance of Ones and Zeroes: Chapter 2 "The Dance"

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Dance of ONES and ZEROES

Chapter 2

"The Dance"

One and Zero are two numbers that are the closest yet the farthest. They can never be for One is Something, Zero is nothing.

“Our vast religions
Won’t help us answer
What was pre-destined for us to have
Since long ago.
It’s hopeless”

In a hall where nobody knows nobody, the lights play magnificently like a cinematic sunset. People are doing their own business judging everyone’s mask. Everyone is the same with their mask, what difference is there without it. Some are dancing with the beat of a melancholic music; some are chewing down to the beat of their stomachs. In a hall where nobody knows nobody, the lights play magnificently like a cinematic sunset.

In the darkness stands a figure with a mask that spells death, a man with a death god’s mask. It was Zero, the man feared without a reason, a man who would change Time. This was a masquerade party after all. The world is a big masquerade party and the color of your mask is dictated by who sees your mask. You are dark, you are light… the mask never mattered; it is always in the eye of the foolish beholder. Foolish indeed, pathetic even.

A direct eye contact from east to west, from the well-lighted to the shadowed darkness, Zero tries to look away as a lady standing out from the crowd slowly approaches him. Squeezing herself from the people at the dance floor, a seemingly huntress not taking her eyes to her stagnant prey. Gracefully with her glittering feathered mask she heaved her way to the death god. It was One, the light, the savior of the Time. Dressed as a glittering vampire, seductive yet innocent for no matter how angle you look.

Mask to mask they are inches apart. A cold stare from zero could be seen piercing the look of One, One was undaunted with a glee look, and her eyes are smiling, whispering through Zero’s soul.

One: “May I have this dance a death god?”

Before the self proclaimed death god could disagree he got grabbed by the hand.
Like an older sister pulling a younger brother, One pulled a timid Zero in the middle of the crowded dance floor. A new song plays, timed like the fates are watching their every step.

3:59

The intro plays…

Both do not know which to hold, akward as a death god and a vampire try to be one. They closed their minds and let their bodies flow, they now had perfectly held each other like they have done this before.

3:32

“The night belongs to us
We’re caught in a world of our own
We cling to the hope it would change for us”

Zero: “Why do you dance with me? Don’t get involve in me, I’m a death god”

One just closed her eyes, embraced Zero and rested her head in his shoulder.

One: “I can feel you shaking, that’s cute, your afraid of holding me closer”

2:58

“Is it in vain? Is it too late?
Why did it have to be you than I.
I heard the news today.”

Zero: “I’m a useless dancer”

One: “Are we going to spend this dance with you telling me why we are wrong for each other?”

Zero became silent as he always had been, saying to himself “We are right but we are wrong”.

2:28

“Is this the beginning of our last dance?
Once around the floor, can we do it again?”

One: (Eyes still closed) “Are people staring at us Zero?”

Zero: (emphatic) “No.”

One: “Lier, your not looking at them”

Zero: (A bit embarrased as he moves his stare away from One’s face) “Sorry”

2:06

“I feel the thrill from words we say,
I love you.”

Zero: “You kept your promise, you are the most beautiful woman tonight. “

One: “How would you know when we are all wearing a mask?”

1:47

“Embrace so much tighter
This could be our last together
Heaven sheds tears for the wounded hearts
Our forever has been torn apart”

Zero: “You can wear all the mask you want, say what people want to hear, say what your superiors want to hear, say what close people to you want to hear, they may have taken my insight, my soul, my life but they can never take what I see in you that nobody else does”

One: “The world is a big masquerade party and the color of your mask is dictated by who sees your mask. You are dark, you are light… the mask never mattered; it is always in the eye of the foolish beholder. Foolish indeed, pathetic even.”

One: “Your still shaking hahaha, you always had a contradicting attitude, you always say something you don’t mean just to torture yourself. Your eyes always mean different as you say.”

1:12

“Our vast religions
Won’t help us answer
What was pre-destined for us to have
Since long ago.
It’s hopeless”

Zero: “Aren’t you afraid of what people would say when they see us together?”

One: “No, I couldn’t care less when I’m with the one I’m supposed to be with and not someone I’m forced to be with”

Zero: “I’m a shinigami I’ll have to take your life”

One: “I’m a vampire I’ll have to haunt you”

0:42

“The world it turns with us
Hold me in closer, don’t let go of me
Now we close our eyes and let go to the night
The night we feel alive.”

Zero: "Our first and last dance is about to end."

One: "This will never end. I said it before, I'll go through hell with you"

1...

0...

One and Zero, so near yet so far. They separate with no idea of the future only living for what they had in that four minutes of sin or heaven, who could say, it is always in the eye of the foolish beholder.

0 comments: