Why Didn't I Stop Watching Adventureland

Friday, July 17, 2009


I would often stop watching a movie in the first minute and I feel that the movie is going nowhere and I would rather stare at a lamp than continue but Adventureland caught my ears.

Full of humor and nostalgia, Adventureland is a sweet, insightful coming-of-age comedy that will resonate with teens and adults alike.

It didn't have much comedy as it promised but it is definitely WISE.

The story is nothing new, all about first love and all its complexities.



Kristin Stewart wasn't also that great in her character, it was like she wasn't even trying to act, she is not versatile as an actress or maybe she is just simply good at acting out messed up teenagers. I was like watching twilight but her leading man is a geek.

So why didn't I stop watching Adventureland when I know what is going to happen and I would probably be wasting more than an hour of my busy life? Its because of the cool soundtrack. I hope more movies would come up with an awesome soundtrack like this. I felt like I was warped into 1987, although I still didn't have any idea of the alphabet back then. Yo La Tengo and The Cure are untouchables, enough said.

ROCK ME AMADEUS, play that 20 times in a day.

Adventureland Soundtrack
1. Satellite Of Love - Lou Reed
2. Modern Love - David Bowie
3. I’m In Love With A Girl - Big Star*
4. Just Like Heaven - The Cure
5. Rock Me Amadeus - Falco
6. Don’t Change - Inxs
7. Your Love - The Outfield*
8. Don’t Dream It’s Over - Crowded House
9. Looking For A Kiss - The New York Dolls
10. Don’t Want To Know If You Are Lonely - Husker Du
11. Unsatisfied - The Replacements
12. Pale Blue Eyes - The Velvet Underground*
13. Farewell Adventureland - Yo La Tengo
14. Adventureland Theme Song - Brian Kenney

4 comments:

mystudents020607@yahoo.com.ph said...

I need to buy ANI a waterproof, anti-dust, scratch free bag ASAP. I need to go NOW to MOA. So to the person who said she would go through hell to go with me to go to MOA, I'm calling the powers of the gods and goddesses, free her soul.

Moochie said...

Geeks rule! (still functioning on coffee alone)

Kamote Empire said...

Jocks now need the help of geeks, a classic case of the conqueror being conquered

mystudents020607@yahoo.com.ph said...

kamote to aziel:"tapos na pre summer you
ilang araw na rin lang natitira sa akin
we can go to MOA na yey
kailan mo gusto?"