Eulogy for a Soldier, a Friend, a Family Member

Monday, July 20, 2009

Our family mourns the passing of a soldier, a friend, a family member.

He had been adopted into our family a few weeks after his birth. We were inseparable since then. His last name was changed to "Houston" which is the last name of my American uncle who didn't had a second thought into having him as one of his sons like me and my brother.

We had a lot of times we spent together and we always understood each other. We cared for him and he cared so much or us.

Hearing my brother cry that loud for the first time was unbearable, I wasn't also prepared for the crying of my mother.

Our doleful voices, mingled with the sobbing which it was its purpose to stimulate and sustain, rose and fell, seemed to come and go, like the sound of a sullen sea.

Indeed he will be missed.


All we have are two strong feet and all we could do is move forward. We will keep your memories alive and your legacy memorable.

I should not dare to leave my friend,
Because -- because if he should die
While I was gone, and I -- too late --
Should reach the heart that wanted me;

If I should disappoint the eyes
That hunted, hunted so, to see,
And could not bear to shut until
They "noticed" me -- they noticed me;

If I should stab the patient faith
So sure I 'd come -- so sure I 'd come,
It listening, listening, went to sleep
Telling my tardy name, --

My heart would wish it broke before,
Since breaking then, since breaking then,
Were useless as next morning's sun,
Where midnight frosts had lain!

1 comments:

moochie said...

Aw, almost posted at the wrong entry...

I'm hungry.