Deus Ex Machina

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How I miss literature so much

This was supposed to be a draft but it turned out I accidentally posted it.

Ten days ago a guy unexpectedly bumped into his past, he always had two visions, his left eye always looked at the past and his right always looked into the future.

It rained hard and he was forced to take shade in a smoke filled bar. Turns out the best friend of his ex-girlfriend was there, also taking cover from the rain.

The usual faked shocked impression was made then quick thinking of what to say next was scanning in both their currently smoked exposed brains.

After the cliche greetings like "How are you?", "Oh you lost weight" it was dead silent.

The girl opened up first, "I heard your lucky to get the job you really wanted, unlike me I work at a techno park". The guy humbly smiled. "I rarely visit your friendster profile, but I always get a laugh everytime even if I have no idea what you are talking about", said the girl. She continued "You were always in trouble in our college days every time you write". "My semester wouldn't be complete without a call from the guidance office or the college president, but I always had been in the dean's list", the guy smilingly replied.

The girl changed the topic, "Don't be mad, I read your DIARY". Unsure if trying to correct his old friend "Don't you mean blog?". "No your diary, the one you and Carmie wrote, when you two were dating you two wrote diaries that you exchanged each other everyday?", said the girl. Eyebrow raised, "Isn't that a bit embarrassing? It was corny and I sounded like a total lost romantic back then." He continued "Plus more importantly why is she showing those private messages to everybody? It was a very long time ago, this is starting to become a seven year character assassination, maybe she is still in love with me".

The girl laughed hysterically, "I think not because she is with her second husband now, I think she simply just don't care. I also saw there that you had a crush on me!". "That wasn't very nice showing that diary to everyone, and why is she still keeping that anyway?", said the guy.

Fate has a funny way of going back to you. Another old friend took cover in the same bar and the usual shocked greeting was repeated. Melissa "Hows Jeff?". The guy said "Don't go on I loath him". Melissa so sure of his comment, "Oh yeah you didn't get invited in his wedding even if you are brothers in college". "How do you know that Iwant to rip him because of that?", asked the guy.

Another senseless recollection.

1 comments:

Devine Lorenzo Reyes said...

moochie: "make her stop make her stop."
KAMOTE: "I wont it's a waste pathetic."