(Animax Part 2) I was/am/will be Laminated

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Question: LaMBs cannot speak nor do they have free will. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt you couldn’t speak up or express yourself?

LaMBs cannot speak nor do they have free will.


We are the same as LaMBs. We were all laminated since the day we were born in ways we never imagined, in ways we never thought were possible.

When we were born did we choose who we are? Did we get to choose our nationality? Did we get to choose our very own names that we will be living with for the rest of our Laminated lives?We are all part of a conspiracy, a conspiracy set up by those people who think that the norm should be based on how they perceive the world.

If you go against the norm, you are not part of the world, and in order to be part of the world you must not speak nor must you have free will.

Since I was a kid I always thought of myself as special because I didn’t want to become a victim of their conformity. So what did they do? They molded me in what they thought should be the image of a person in their own liking, such a cruel and selfish act. Lamination wins round 1.

And now I’m a teacher, my Lamination is at its worst for I have become more of a LaMB of the cruel shepherds than ever before. Because they say I have to be a role model... So a conflict arises "If I would be a role model and not be myself, would I be a good role model?".

I don't know how long this lamination will last but I must keep walking forward. All I can do right now is rant about it.

"You have two strong feet to move forward... use them"
- Edward of Full Metal Alchemist

1. I can't sing nor listen to heavy metal music, jrock, punk or any music genre that is not radio friendly (radio friendly meaning THEY must relate to it). Yes I could still play with my band but our music should not exceed the decibel level of 60.

Threshold of hearing.....................0 dB
Outdoors, no people or traffic..........20 dB
Background noise in a library...........40 dB
Ordinary speaking voice.................60 dB
Heavy traffic...........................85 dB
Power lawnmower up close................90 dB
Motorcycle (rider)......................90 dB
Chainsaw...............................100 dB
Rock music at concert..................110 dB
Jet plane takeoff at 100 yards.........120 dB
Our Band's music without restriction.........130dB
Threshold of pain......................140 dB

The members of this nameless band are all college instructors



2. I can't go to work dressed up as my favorite anime characters. WHY? What is wrong with dressing up to work?

Dr. Franken Stein of Soul Eater Cosplay, this is what Jack Griswold would look like if he got crazy because his LaMB got LaMBnapped


(Screenshot taken from Soul Eater anime)




My screw needs tightening


Stein Hakase power charge

Cool DeathScythe pose


Stein versus level one boss, she has the ability to copy your weapons and dance hyperactively


Stein versus last level boss, no weapon could affect him, he can even withstand the heat of mid-day ground



My personal favorite shot

3. I tried to place these shots for our College Yearbook and you know it would be a definite no, so i tried to talk again and they said "Sure we'll put that if you hold a bunny instead of a toy gun". The son of a Death God won't allow such an insult... but bunnies RULE!


(Screenshots taken from Soul Eater anime)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, love that anime.."soul eater"..
ur a great cosplayer..:)

Kamote Empire said...

thanks lets cosplay one time

Anonymous said...

death-the-kid kun rocks... !!
rock on man!!!

Unknown said...

kawaii desho~~~~~~~~!!!!
shinigami-sama..watashiwa anata wo aishite imasu..
daisuki ^_^