Animax had a Little LaMB

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mary had a little LaMB
little LaMB, little LaMB
Mary had a little LaMB
Its fleece was white as snow

A few months ago after being astounded by the environmentalist documentary movie “An Inconvenient Truth”, I went to the only anime channel I watch and saw a bizarre advertisement from Animax saying:

OUR PLANET
IS DYING

EVERYTHING
THAT CAN BE
RECYCLED

HAS BEEN
RECYCLED

BUT MORE
MUST BE DONE…

YES THEY ARE
A RESOURCE TOO

Finally! An anime about saving the planet, an anime that will make the world a better place for polar bears (I want to save the drowning polar bears). The environmentalist in me wanted to go out, run and plant tree. But wait… the ad was just a teaser, I waited and saw the last remaining lines:

YES WE MEAN

CRIMINALS

RECYCLE THEM

INTRODUCING LAMINATION…


A big question mark was in my head, “What in the world are they talking about?”… a long pause… then it hit me like Hanamichi Sakuragi’s headbutt and Ichigo's bankai.

LaMB stands on a unique pedestal which no other anime occupies. It is a landmark anime for many obvious reasons.

Since then I was LAMINATED.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! i saw that movie too!!! by al gore right?!

i wanted to save the bears too!!! i almost cried at that part... i'm a sucker for dying animals...