(Animax Part 3) Sound Clip 38 my Song for LaMB

Friday, January 16, 2009


Question: If you had to choose a theme song for LaMB, which song would you choose, which band would you have perform it and why?

"When you see the sun set and you feel the urge to sing... sing... oh do sing... because in a moment that sun will disappear, together with your emotion, and that moment will never be repeated ever again even with another sunset tomorrow."

- Marc aka Kamote

It was a Thursday, 1 a.m., I couldn't be visited by sandman again like any day of the week, I was staring at the ceiling looked at my right, saw the LaMB poster (I'm sorry I don't kiss it before sleep... I hug it tight then kiss it haha) then beside the poster I a the guitar. From out of nowhere inspiration strucked, my brain had an overflow of words, of melodies. I took a paper, a pen, held the guitar look at the poster and out came a... MASTERPIECE.

I got so hooked (in fact I'm so crazy over it, if we were still would be using "records" the needle on my record player would be nothing now) with the song I created please give it also a chance and listen as I sing my heart out to LaMB.

So if I were to choose a theme song for LaMB? I would choose (drum roll please)... Sound Clip 38, a song created by a LaMB for a LaMB, for a Shepherd, by a Shepherd. I know i'm out of tune even in my own song, and i was never really a good singer but I know I gave all in this emotional outburst.

If the embedded player doesn't work please click HERE to make your ears bleed


SoundClip38.mp3 - Kamote


Sound Clip 38
by Marc aka Kamote

Stanza 1:
G - F#m - Bm - C
From a million miles away
I found a place we could stay

Coz your always there
BUt never were there

Ref 1:
G - F#m - Bm - C
Your tears can't fall
Your face an emotionless wall

Chorus:
Em - C - G - D
Don't let me go
Wrap me in a dream with you
Laminate me, laminate me
And maybe we could

Am - B - C
Bring a planet to life

G - F#m - Bm - C
with our eternal smile,
with our eternal smile

Stanza 2:
Lamination
Believe in my confession
I'm your lamb
and your my shepherd

Ref 2:
Let's rearrange the stars
and see how beautiful you are

Repeat Chorus

End. Repeat a bazillion times

Imagine Jack singing this song to Eve. Wouldn't that be romantic? The song makes me want to run, jump around and bang my head while swinging my air guitar and making the person I love feel that I want to be laminated by her, my heart become her slave. The melody makes you think of the feeling that the future would always be beautiful with both your smiles. The lines all make you picture LaMB the anime. I don't know... I just like my out-of-tune song, and hope you do too.

Facts about "Sound Clip 38":

1. It written after a LaMB poster was placed beside a guitar.

2. The recording was done only once! No retakes! That's why you could hear hesitant chord strums, hesitant keys, and hesitant lyrics.

3. It's the only song in world about "lamination". It's also the only song in the world with the line "laminate me". (Maybe my everything isn't everything hehe)

4. The title "Sound Clip 38" was taken from the default name given by the recorder.

5. It is probably the only song in the world where thecomposer and singer is out of tune in his very own song.

6. It is the only I sang that I'm not disgusted hearing myself sing, it must be... magic.

7. When I uploaded it to imeem.com, I did not place any tags or words pertaning to anime, the streaming player says "no related songs" but if you press the "play next related song" link, you will be redirected to ELLEGARDEN a top Japanese punk band. Now, isn't that freaking awesome?

ELLEGARDEN could sing English songs clearly unlike many Japanese bands, so if Animax would buy my song (wink, wink) It would be great if they'd play it. Yes friends, Romans, countrymen, the main reason I chose them to play my song is because the are the only band link related to my post in imeem.com

Or the band with the coolest name "Asian Kung Fu Generation" or even "The Straighteners"

BTW Simple Plan and Click Five, you guys rock. I have both music videos of the LaMB ost on my phone, great stuff. And it would also rock if they sang "Sound Clip 38"

to watch the official ost video of LaMB by Simple Plan and Click Five please do visit www.animax-asia.com

0 comments: