The Climb in a Typhoon

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I like it when there is a typhoon, I feel so close to nature. I like going to the beach during this part of the year. The strong splash of the waves with no other people around. Its just me and the forces of nature. I can hear the wind say things, I can hear voices from a distant dimension.

On the other hand I like typhoons because it washes the cities waste and the city is reborn. I also like the tropical cyclones because classes will be suspended, the power will be lost and it will be cold. A good time to stop time.

The announcement of the suspension of classes came late and me and my mates are stranded in the office without electricity.

I only have 3 hours of battery on Ani, we decided to watch movies.

Miley Cyrus

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa

I love typhoons, it cleans all the dirt and grime of the city and classes are suspended I could stay in my room and just stare at the ceiling. I'm at work right now and we are stranded, the power was cut.

There is a typhoon and where stuck in the faculty room, my mates and I are watching the movies in my Hard Disk, Hannah Montana the Movie popped up on the movie marathon list but the electricity came back before we could even watch it.

Last week marked the beginning of an end for me. I sent a double edge sms that cut me deeper. I said I didn't care but now who is the one with the most bruises... me.

2 comments:

ere said...

i dont know about typhoons but i do love storms, i love all the elements of the earth, there is something about natural monsters, that stops time, it helps us focus on non-materialistic things

Kamote Empire said...

hehe, before typhoons go to Taiwan, China, Vietnam or any country in South East Asia, most of the time it will ravage our dear country first and by the time it reaches another country it'll only be a storm.

Alej try going to the beach during the storm, just the shore, you'll the urge to run and feel the rain.