Not Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Sunday, May 24, 2009





Peter Bretter
: [singing, playing the piano] Everybody hates you. Everybody wishes that you were dead. Peter you suck. Peter you suck. Peter your music is fucking terrible. Peter you suck, Peter you suck. Peter you don't do anything of value. Peter you suck. Go write some music, but instead you sit and write these bullshit songs. It's so self-loathing, go see a psychiatrist. I hate the psychiatrist. Well go see one anyway. I'm not going!

LOL


I already watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall twice this week and I plan to watch it again tonight. The last movie that had this profound effect on me was The Dark Knight.


I took a peek of Forgetting Sarah Marshall because I really like "How I Met Your Mother" where Jason Segel is a character there. What I thought would be another boring movie turned out to be a hilarious comedy with a good story line and a romantic twist.


The plot was simple at first then it goes to unexpected funny turns until you wont be able to predict what would happen next. The movie is filled with situational comedy that everyone may relate to if they would allow it.


This is not a one sided movie as Sarah Marshall did not turn out to be a villain as what you would expect in a romantic disaster, at one part of the movie I reacted "Ahhhhh" I just had an epiphany from one of there conversations near the end of the movie.

Even the hero would turn bad in some aspects. The people in the hotel they interact with, although play minor roles, and may not affect the story still gives a lasting performance and laughs.


Without all the nudity this movie will tickle your funny bone. Some scenes are just unessesary.


Beneath all the hysterics, top notch comedy, and hilarious turns from Apatow vets, there’s a definitely gripping romance that audiences will respond to if they allow it. Writer Jason Segel takes a great starring turn in one of the funniest movies of the year.

0 comments: